Ecoslay: Run it Back

Have you ever tried a product, disliked it, but then returned to it later and had a much better experience? That has happened to be a handful of times during this natural hair journey and it happened most recently with Ecoslay. Ecoslay is a black/woman-owned brand and the products are free from silicones, sulfates, parabens, mineral oil and phthalates. I learned about Ecoslay on social media and was drawn to the hype around the Orange Marmalade gel. I was particularly struck by the fact that women with various curl patterns love this gel including Type 2, 3 and 4 curlies. I've tried many products in the Ecoslay regimen but my absolute hands-down favorite is the Orange Marmalade Gel. While I enjoy the other products, this is one that I cannot live without, particularly given the disrespectful humidity of the DMV. 😂 This might be my favorite gel of 2020. 

PROS

1) The ingredient list for this gel is super clean and super short.

2) The sweet orange oil scent is very mild.


3) An 8oz bottle lasts a long time. I apply the product in the shower on soaking wet hair in 5 sections. I use about 2 pumps per section. 

4) This gel leaves your hair defined.

5) This gel leaves your hair shiny.

6) This gel has great hold and a cast you can break easily by scrunching out the crunch with a light oil on your hands. 

7) This gel clumps curls well (when I applied on soaking wet hair.) 


CONS

1) The product has to be refrigerated. I find this to be a little inconvenient but not a deal-breaker. I just generally prefer not to keep hair products in the fridge. :)

Would I re-purchase this product? YES!

Have you tried Ecoslay? Are you yearning for a great gel for your wash and go? Check out Orange Marmalade. And if you tried it before and perhaps didn't like it, consider running it back. 


                                                                                                          - Rachel 


Comments

  1. Wonderful post. ECOSLAY is on my Black Friday wish list. I am drawn to the clean ingredients as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts