Briogeo: Be Gentle Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask

Briogeo is a black/woman-owned brand that prides itself in being free from silicones, sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, DEA, artificial dyes or phthalates. In the curly hair community, based on what I've seen on YouTube and social media, the most popular product that Briogeo produces is the Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask. While that mask is great and at one point, I actually owned the jumbo size,  when Urban Outfitters recently had a 30% off sale on beauty products, I decided to take the plunge and try the Be Gentle Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask. While the Don't Despair Mask is great for strength (it has protein) the Mega Moisture Hair Mask is great for dry and parched hair (and is protein-free). Like many naturals, my curly hair is routinely dry and that dryness has persisted since I began getting hair color for the past couple of years. 

PROS

1) This mask includes ingredients like avocado which nourishes and conditions the hair. 

2) A little goes a long way. Typically with an 8oz deep conditioner, I only get 2 maybe 3 uses out of it. With this one, I have gotten two uses thus far and expect I will get at least 3-4 more. 

3) It is super slippery and concentrated. I can finger detangle my hair with this product. 

4) This deep conditioner is color-safe. 

5) The scent is fresh, pleasant, yummy and does not linger. 

CONS

1) This mask, as is the case with all products from Briogeo isn't cheap. It costs $36. But Briogeo periodically has sales as do other retailers.

2) This mask does not come in a jumbo size (yet!) I prefer bigger sizes and to use a pump so that you are less likely to contaminate the container with water. 

Will I re-purchase this product? YES.

I feel a little bit like the princess and the pea with deep conditioners since I got permanent hair color last year. 😃It is hard for me to find deep conditioners that I enjoy with clean ingredients, slip, and that are also color-safe. I am glad to have found this Mega Moisture Mask from Briogeo. I talk about this mask and some of my other product favorites from 2020 in my recent YouTube video.

                                                                                                                -Rachel

Comments

Popular Posts